For several decades Stantonbury Campus has been the home of Milton Keynes Fencing Club, but Tempora mutantur ’times change’ and we have recently been questioning whether this is still the right place for us.
After an extensive search we have found Oakgrove Leisure Centre which has:
- Level access. Allowing us to easily host wheelchair fencers should the opportunity arise.
- Changing rooms, showers and toilets.
- Quickly available staff and first aid facilities.
- Public Wi-Fi so you can easily post fencing pics to Instagram!
- A new hall floor that gives all the grip you could ever need.
As of April 2nd, our location will change to:
Oakgrove Leisure Centre
It is just off the V10, opposite Waitrose and the centre’s website is https://www.oakgroveleisurecentre.co.uk
Timing wise we will still meet on Thursday evenings as before, but the time will change slightly to be 7:30 à 9:30.
After much consideration, we feel that this move allows us to offer the facilities that you, the fencers deserve, and gives the club better opportunities to improve and grow in the future.
We hope to see you all there.
The Milton Keynes Fencing Club ‘committee’
Mark Wilson (Chairman), Tabatha Barton (Captain), Adrian Webb (Secretary)
Posted by Mark on 28 Feb, ’20